With so many issues in the world revolving around the deteriorating state of the planet, environmentally conscious individuals are looking to take action in one way or another. Taking small steps towards being more environmentally friendly is never a bad thing, and vegan beauty products are a great place to start. While it may not be a secret to some that veganism makes a large impact on the planet, many are still unaware of the amazing effects that even a few small lifestyle changes can have on the environment, as well as on yourself.

Using vegan products allows you to use fewer animal products, which contributes to less carbon emissions and more natural formulas. This also means that animals are not being tested on against their will, meaning that the customer can buy the products knowing that they have been tested on consenting humans and the exact effects on human skin are known. Along with the impact on the Earth, using vegan beauty products is better for your body as the ingredients are often less harsh as they typically tend to be natural, or at least made with fewer chemicals than normal.

plant based, white and black wooden blocks
Photo by Fuzzy Rescue / Pexels

Some amazing vegan beauty products that can be implemented include alternatives to your current foundation, facial cleanser, shampoo and moisturizer. Here are some of my current favorites that I use daily:

Foundation: FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

This foundation is lightweight and perfect for oily skin. It’s buildable, so you can be as full coverage or as minimalistic as you would like. FENTY BEAUTY is a black-owned business founded by Rihanna and has shades for all skin tones.

Facial Cleanser: COSRX Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

This facial cleanser is a great way to wake up your face in the mornings. It is gentle on the skin while still feeling clean and refreshing. COSRX is great for clearing up any sort of flare-ups on the skin, and this cleanser keeps them in check.

Shampoo: Love Beauty and Plant Shampoo

This shampoo has a matching conditioner and body wash, as do most of the scents made by Love Beauty and Planet. It is perfect for color-treated hair and works with most hair types. The best part about Love Beauty and Planet is that it’s super affordable!

Moisturizer: Lush Cosmetics Charity Pot

Lush is known for being a cruelty-free and ethically conscious brand, so this product is no different. Charity Pot is a thick moisturizer that can be used on the face or body when your skin is drying out. And, with every purchase of Charity Pot, a portion of your money is going to a lovely nonprofit!

Even if going totally vegan or cruelty-free isn’t up your alley, implementing these products mentioned or some similar could enhance your beauty regimen with new products while also making a positive impact on the world at the same time.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!

Grace is a freshman at Florida State University pursuing a degree in psychology. Grace loves to write and she has been doing so for several years. Her favorite food is pasta, and she is a huge One Direction fan.
Her Campus at Florida State University.