Tasty Treats to Test out over Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

As cold fall days start to become the norm, we all seek comfort in knowing it’s “that time of year” again. The holiday season is right around the corner, and if Thanksgiving Break means anything for us collegiettes, it’s a week of no exams or classes, seeing your friends from home- maybe for the first time in months- and most importantly, lots of home cooked food. If you’re in the mood to bake up some goods, help your family with the turkey, or put a new spin on old favorites, here are some ways to do so:

Sweet Potato Casserole: A personal favorite, this dish is just the right amount of sweet and delicious without being too overboard and fits perfectly into any Thanksgiving meal. Also, the healthy sweet potatoes make you not feel so bad about all the marshmallow and brown sugar-y goodness!

Recipe (Photo Courtesy of Fabulessly Frugal)

[pagebreak]

Mini Cranberry Apple Pies: Two things you can never have enough of come together for this awesome Thanksgiving recipe: cranberries and apple pie! The recipe is super easy and these two-bite desserts are adorable and perfect for Thanksgiving travels or a get together with friends.

Recipe (Photo courtesy of Catch My Party)

Mini Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookies: OK, so when I saw these cookies I couldn’t resist because let’s be honest, they’re adorable. These delicious little treats are so fun to make whether you’re 5, 105, or anywhere in between!

Recipe (Photo courtesy of Sweet Sugarbelle)

[pagebreak]

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate: A twist on your favorite Starbucks treat and bonus, you can make in the comfort of your own home!

Recipe (Photo courtesy of Good Life Eats)

Cranberry Turkey Sandwich: What a delicious take on the inevitable Thanksgiving leftover you’ll have all weekend after Turkey Thursday.

Recipe (Photo courtesy of Number 2 Pencil)

Fordham University 2015, Gabelli School of BusinessBusiness Administration Major, Concentration in Marketing, Secondary Concentration in International Business