Meet Lord and Taylor Trendsetter, Rachel Anderson ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

This weeks Campus Celebrity is an outgoing and determined freshman.  Rachel Anderson, from Madison, Connecticut is the Event Planner for Lord and Taylor at Fairfield. Rachel is outgoing, determined, and a total fashionista. Read on to learn more about Lord and Taylor at Fairfield, and how you can attend shopping parties and win gift cards to Lord and Taylor!

Name: Rachel AndersonYear: 2018Major: Business UndeclaredHometown: Madison, Connecticut

Her Campus: What exactly is the Lord and Taylor Trendsetter program?Rachel Anderson: So, the Lord and Taylor Trendsetter program is with Her Campus and Lord and Taylor. It’s to promote Lord and Taylor on campus, and show how fun, trendy and fashionable L&T is.

HC: What is your position?RA: I am the event planner and I’m in charge of scheduling the shopping parties. Our first one is going to be in November, and the date is to be determined! I am working on incentives on what will be given to the Fairfield students who show up to the first shopping party, which is exciting. That’s my main goal right now!

HC: That is so awesome! I’m excited. Why should girls on campus know about this?RA: Well, girls should know about Lord and Taylor because first of all, it was the first department store in America. Secondly, it’s a company that gives power to women; they were the first major store on Fifth Avenue in New York City to name a woman as president!  It’s a company that gives power to women, and they want to reach out to us Collegiettes. There is something for everyone at Lord and Taylor, there really is.

HC: What else do you have planned for this semester?RA: We are currently on our first giveaway of the month, that is a $100 gift card to Lord and Taylor! It ends October 31 (today). Every month we will be doing outfit and gift card giveaways as well, which is exciting. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram to stay informed!

HC: As a freshman this is a big roll to take on, what made you decide to do it?RA: I ran a hospital Junior Board at Yale-New Haven Hospital where I was in charge of activities and dealing with 40 people and fundraising. I am confident in my ability to be efficient, spread the word, and make things happen!

HC: Do you want to pursue a career in fashion?RA: I am a business student, and as far as fashion goes I love fashion! I just am not sure it is the path I am going to take. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!