Meet Jason Gorski ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It was an honor to sit down with senior Jason Gorski, and it’s even more of an honor to feature him as our first Campus Cutie of 2015. Jason is one of the most genuine people I’ve ever spoken to, and my mouth hurt from smiling so much after talking to him. Seriously, he has the most contagious smile. Read on if you’re looking for inspiration, and wondering which celebrity Jason would like to see at the Sea Grape…

Name: Jason GorskiMajor: PsychologyMinor: Educational Studies/ TheatreHometown: Farmington, Connecticut

What is, in your opinion, the best thing about being a Fairfield University student?I would say the best part about Fairfield is how everything is so convenient around here. Not just how Fairfield has the downtown, but also the beach is so close and the campus is so beautiful.

So you’re a psychology major, where do you see yourself in ten years?I just finished my applications to grad school, fingers crossed for that! I applied to Fairfield, so I might be coming back! I see myself as a psychologist hopefully working in a school system with children in need.

How did you become interested in school psychology?I just love psychology in general and since the beginning I knew I wanted to help people. I could never see myself sitting behind a desk, and I love kids. I have a passion for education in general, but I could never see myself being a teacher. So, I combined psychology and education.

What is one piece of advice you want to give to freshman?I would say, to be you. I wish someone told me that in the beginning of my college experience. Not to get too personal, but when I first graduated high school I had just come out of the closet being gay. I didn’t want to come out before then even though I had known a while just because I was afraid of what people would say. I came into college with the intention to be free with everyone, but once I actually got here there was still a wall up for me.  I was still hesitant for my first year, until my sophomore year I became really proud of who I was and embraced who I was as a person. So, I think that’s my biggest piece of advice. Not even about being gay, it doesn’t have to be about that at all. It could be being who you are with your culture or personal traits. Don’t be afraid to be outgoing and meet new people and explore your time here because it is so short and it goes by so quickly.

That is awesome, and so true because it goes by quickly! Has the Fairfield community always been welcoming?There were times that I thought I had chosen the wrong school because this is a very conservative area in general. However, I have met amazing people here and I’ve had the best time and every time I thought about transferring I’m like wait a second, I want to make a difference here and I’ve met so many amazing people who accept me for who I am already. I’ve met more good people than I’ve met bad people so that makes up for it. There have been countless people who have come up to me and say you should be so proud of who you are and telling me stories about someone they know and of course I don’t want that to be the first thing people think about me. It’s not like I’m Jason, I’m gay. But, I like the fact that people look at me as someone who is strong.

Now for the fun part… If you could run into any celebrity at the Grape who would it be and why?This is easy!  Demi Lovato for sure, I don’t even know what I would do. I would grab her to the dance floor because she is amazing as a person, some people probably don’t like her and see her as a Disney star or whatever but she is an amazing individual based on what I see from what she’s put out. I don’t know, I would just jump on her!

And if you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life what would it be and why? You don’t have to worry about calories or anything, just one thing.I would say every form of potatoes. Like fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, all of that, just all the time.

What is something weird about you that people don’t know?I have eight roommates that are all girls. It’s like a reality show, they are absolutely insane but it is the best time of my life.

What is the craziest thing you’ve experienced living with eight girls?I would say the screaming. Everyone is just screaming all the time. It is one thing to live with three or four girls, but eight girls and then putting me in the mix it’s just constant screaming of fun or yelling at each other not even out of anger just fun. Yesterday, my roommate Lauren and I were doing homework and upstairs all that we could hear was screaming for an hour. I would not change anything about it.

What is your go-to song at the grape?Anaconda for sure because when that comes on me and my roommates, especially my roommate Lauren come out and dance together in a huge mob and it’s so crazy and so fun.

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!