Campus Celebrity: Erin Fleming ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Fairfield Dance Fusion has taken our university by storm, and we were lucky enough to sit down and chat with one of their current board members, Erin Fleming! Read more to find out what’s to come for this group of stars!

HC:What made you want to be involved in Dance Fusion as a freshman? EF: I have been dancing since i was 2, and started competitively dancing at 8. Dancing is apart of  my life and I knew going into college that I wanted to continue dancing. Luckily enough, Dance Fusion was just (made/created) my freshman year.

HC: What plans does the team have for this coming year? ER: We plan on learning two competition dances from professional choreographers and competing with them at multiple competitions. We also are allowing upperclassmen on the team to create their own pieces to compete in as well.

HC: As a part of the board, what is it like managing a group of such talented girls? ER: Honestly, it’s fun! The girls are so talented, creative and sweet! We recently had try outs for the Freshman class, and the board and I were shocked at the amount of talent they brought to the table! Practices are hard and serious but at the end of the day we are like a big family, we love to laugh and hang out with each other.

HC:Is there one specific goal you have in mind for the team? Any new awards or competitions you’d like to compete in? EF: I would love to place in the top 3 at the UDA, National Dance Team Championship regionals. It is our biggest competition, almost all dance teams from every college around America compete at UDA.

HC: How do you feel like Dance Fusion and other organized clubs empower students in the classroom and beyond? EF: To be involved in school clubs, along with a course load of school work is challenging. You really have to push yourself to be the best you can be in school, and the club you belong to. You learn how to be independent, strong and a team player. These characteristics aren’t just formed in the classroom, clubs and activities of any sort really push you to be your best self.

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.