thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 8 Types of Snapchatters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Most of us are familiar with the app Snapchat, which has been a source of pure entertainment for over a year now. Most of my friends would agree that I myself am probably one of the most obnoxious Snapcatters of them all. Everyone has those friends who tend to send the same infamous Snapchats that we either find hilarious or just cannot stand. I know I am guilty of most of the following…are you? 

1. The artists who have far too much time on their hands

2. The one who makes you feel like a lazy unhealthy piece of crap 

3. The one who doesn’t mind embarrassing themselves 

4. The one who needs to remind you how college they are

Bro you drink? You must be the coolest kid on your campus.

5. The one who makes you jealous that they are having a better time than you are

They want you to be jealous too…

6. The one who has the cutest pet …that you want to steal

Ugh I just want to put her in my pocket!

7. Then there is always the “looking hot but making it seem like I’m not really trying” selfie.

Admit it girls, you have sent this one before. Your hair and makeup are looking perfect, the lighting is just right and you decide to send an oh-so casual selfie with some random caption that has nothing to do with you or how good you happen to be looking in this particular Snapper. 

8. And of course the one with the unreasonably long Snapchat story…

I’m sure you have been guilty of at least one of the above if not all. Regardless, whatever type of Snapchatter you are, remember aside entertainment it’s a great way to socially connect with others. Just remember, don’t Snapchat anything you wouldn’t want to resurface…your friends will most likely screenshot your most humiliating Snapchats! 

Senior at Fairfield UniversityCommunications and English MajorTour Ambassador, Writer, Opportunist
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!