6 Things to Make When You Have No Idea What to Cook for Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Upperclassmen have the privilege of being able to opt out of the meal plan and cook for themselves here at Fairfield, while freshmen and sophomores can opt to use the common lounge kitchens. Although that is not an ideal situation, and Barone seems like an easier option, these easy recipes will have you making yourself dinner on the nights you want to spoil yourself!

1. Avocado and Tomato Grilled Cheese

2. Strawberry Caprese Salad First off, this dinner is so Insta worthy. Second, it definitely passes for one of those ‘healthy” meals and third, it’s too easy to make! This light meal is perfect when running to class and can even be packed for on-the-go. 3. Grilled Chicken and Apple Sandwich I’m not sure what it is, but there is something about grilled chicken and apples together, especially during the fall. With this delicious grilled cheese in hand, it’ll be easy to move away from fried chicken cutlets and toward this healthy alternative. Plus, it is apple-picking season! This sandwich is awesome and filling! 4. Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta

Pasta is always a great meal to make because there are ALWAYS leftovers, saving you from making lunch or dinner the following day. Adding spinach and tomatoes to this dish ensures that you will get all your veggies in!  5.  Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas For all those vegetarians out there, these are not your average plain-Jane cheese quesadillas, these are a lot more interesting; and sure to satisfy. This easy recipe is not only delicious but can be filled with your favorite ingredients. Even add guacamole or rice to complete the dish.  6. Ram n’ Cheese We all know being in college means beings on a budget. Mac and cheese combined with Ramen noodles, totally a steal of a meal! The cost of this meal is ~amazingly~ reasonable and it’s perfect for late nights. 

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.