The Russell Seal Fitness Centre

HCX asked Director of Sport Phil Atwell for his view on the development, here’s what he had to say:

“We have worked closely with student representatives to ensure that we will provide the best possible facility to fit their needs. It is a hugely exciting development for everyone involved in Sport at the University but we also aim to provide a space for the more casual user who simply wants to keep fit.

Health and Fitness has long been an incredibly important part of what we do and we want to increase opportunities for the whole student body to relax and enjoy the gym. We understand that gyms can be a daunting place for new users, so have aimed to create a light, airy and friendly environment so that everyone can attain their goals with the best possible support, and the best possible equipment.

Essentially we want to reduce the barriers to people "having a go" but also want to offer a fair price and exceptional experience for those who want to become regular users.”

(What the development currently looks like, and what it should look like in a few months time)

Here at HCX we could not be more excited to see the finished Russell Seal Fitness Centre, we’ve been told it’s going to be one of the best all round gym experiences in the country. So make sure to check it out when it’s finished in September.

Sources: Toby Crewes (Marketing and Communications Officer for University of Exeter Sport), sport.exeter.ac.uk, lifefitness.co.uk

Photo credits: Toby Crewes, www.lifefitness.co.uk