Hey girls, there’s no shame if…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

HCX knows that it’s hard being a strong, independent young woman these days. Sometimes we can’t manage all of those things at once. So this is just us saying, It’s ok, no one here is judging you, we’ve all been there…

There’s no shame…

…if your January Dryathlon actually became a don’t-tell-anyone-this-is-my-fourth-drink-athon.

…if your dissertation research currently amounts to getting books out of the library and putting them near your laptop.

…if you’re only really going to the gym to catch up on The Big Bang Theory.

…if your deepest emotional relationship at the moment is with your dog, and is maintained via regular Skype dates.

…if one “treat” chocolate bar turns into two…or three…

…if having coffee with a course friend counts as studying.

…if you decide to start a new series on Netflix just as your deadlines are approaching.

…if No-Shave November has been extended by a few months… hey, it’s still tights weather!

[pagebreak]

…if your craziest night this week involved watching Splash with a glass of wine, wishing Tom Daley was your GBF and then going to bed and getting a good night’s sleep.

…if you just want a night out in Timepiece without getting groped by a randy rugby “lad”.

…if all you’ve done today is print, hole punch, staple and file… then make your diary look pretty and organised.. admin definitely counts as work.

…if you think you look like this on the d-floor:

…but really you look like this:

…if you count walking up the forum hill as your daily workout.

…if every reading your tutor sets you leaves your eyeballs and your brain hurting.

…if every time someone asks you what you’re going to do after you graduate you just want to punch them in the face.

…if you spend all day, every day on Her Campus!

Picture Credits: reactiongifs.com; pinterest.com; animals.desktopnexus.com

Katie is a fourth year English Literature and Spanish student and General Culture Editor for HCX. She has recently returned from a glorious year abroad in Spain, first spending 5 months at Córdoba University, and then 5 months as Content & Editorial Assistant at Splendia, a luxury travel company in Barcelona. While she is definitely missing the sun, sea and sangria, Katie is so happy to be back in Old Blighty spending time with friends and family, going for country walks and enjoying her Mum's marvellous cooking. Having been an editor for the launch year of Exeter's Branch of Her Campus she is keen to get stuck in again and continue the great success that HCX has had over the past year. Katie likes to think she's well qualified for the position of Culture Editor as she enjoys nights at the theatre, curling up with a cup of tea and a juicy book and most of all, indulging her dangerously sweet tooth. Katie is excited to start writing for Her Campus again and stop talking about herself in the third person - it's a truly odd experience.