HCX Travel: Resort of the Week…A Magical Faraway Treehouse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Here at HCX we know this time of year can be a bit of a drag. Deadlines have kicked in, money’s tight and it seems to be constantly dark and raining. So why not fend off those mid-term blues with a look at our resort of the week? We promise you you’ll soon forget all about raining England, and will be transported to a much more exotic clime, enjoy!

The ultimate African fairytale experience awaits at Lion Sands Private Game Reserve situated on the edge of the Kruger National Park in South Africa.

Featured on Season 15 of The Bachelor, the Tree-house is the epitome of bushveld gone five star. Guests are welcomed to the Tree-house at sunset, where a gourmet dinner awaits. They can then sit back, relax and take in the African dusk, completely immersed in the surrounding wilderness before turning in for a nights slumber under a canopy of stars.

Lovers of comfort rest assured – there is nothing lacking in luxury about this resort. Guests have the choice of just how up-close-and-personal they wish to be with the natural surroundings. While some opt for the extreme others prefer the familiar comforts of the indoors. As well as the open Tree-house experience, Lion Sands also offers luxury suites, topped off with their own private dipping pools.

No matter of how many Animal Planet or National Geographic programmes you may have watched, nothing is ever better than the real-deal. The Lion Sands area is known as one of the finest safari areas in Africa, and days can be spent exploring the reserve accompanied by experienced guides. However, if you’re feel slightly more indulgent why not spend time at the resort spa? Specializing in African aroma therapies, and of course relishing in the vast amounts of gourmet food prepared by the highly qualified chefs, there’s enough luxury past times on offer to suit everyone.

A stay at Lion Sands will set you back around £850 per night, per person sharing, a small price some may say for a front-row view of the best Africa has to offer!

Photo Credits: lionsands.com