Mel Beatus: Barnes & Noble College Brand Ambassador

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

When you pass that huge new Barnes & Noble, home to the Emory Bookstore, you most likely don’t think anything of it aside from “that’s where I spend hundred’s of dollars at the beginning of every semester.”

But there’s a lot more to the Emory Bookstore that most students don’t know about. And senior Mel Beautus, the Barnes & Noble College Brand Ambassador for Emory, is spreading the word.

“The purpose of the ambassador program is to express that the Emory Bookstore is more than just a bookstore,” Beatus said. “it offers academic resources, trust and guarantee, great customer service, the store experience, and convenience.”

Beatus’s role as Brand Ambassador is to change the student perception of the Bookstore. To do so, she gives six presentations each semester regarding different textbook options and textbook buybacks. She also plans and promotes a midterms and finals event each semester. She wants students to know that the bookstore cares about them.  

“The Bookstore understands that college is stressful, and they want to be able to help in any way possible,” Beatus said. “Of course, the Emory Bookstore itself offers products for study tools, resources, and stress relief.”

Beatus’s first midterm event is on November 1, from 6:30-8:00pm on the Sorority Lawn. The “Ultimate Study Break” is co-hosted by the Office of Sorority & Fraternity Life. The event features free pizza, soda, and snacks, and even Emory A Capella group performances!

Every student who attends will be given a free music download, courtesy of the Emory Bookstore. Click attending on Facebook, “like” the Emory Bookstore page, and sign in at the event for a chance to win one of at least fifteen prizes!

Full details here!