Peppermint Iced Mocha: Dunkin or Starbucks?

The Peppermint Iced Mocha has arrived in Boston, making its rounds on college students. You will probably spot a tired student walking with a peppermint mocha in hand, iced or hot.Today I will address the Peppermint Iced Mocha drink and whether to purchase it at Dunkin or Starbucks.

Let’s start with the sizes! I ordered a grande Peppermint Iced Mocha at Starbucks and a small one at Dunkin. Both of these sizes contain 16 oz. of the drink. If you want more for less, Dunkin is the way to go. What is considered small in Dunkin is a grande at Starbucks, which costs more. So if you’re an avid coffee drinker and want to drink Peppermint Iced Mocha constantly, go to Dunkin. 

Now the flavor! I blind tasted both of the drinks with two other friends, and all of us chose Starbucks as the best tasting drink. 

“It tastes like Christmas!” was my first reaction when I took a sip of Starbucks’ Iced Peppermint Mocha. Sadly, I didn’t have the same reaction for Dunkin. I didn’t particularly dislike it, but Starbucks has a richer flavor. 

Overall, both drinks were good. Starbucks tasted better but at a  larger price than Dunkin. It also all depends on the day’s mood! Starbucks is perfect for craving a rich coffee and chocolate flavor,, but Dunkin adds a more milky consistency. Enjoy your Iced Peppermint Mocha drinking experience! 

Ana Luque

Emerson '25

Journalism major from Emerson College excited to begin a new chapter in her life!