Campus Celebrity-Benny Nadeau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s only natural for Writing, Literature and Publishing majors to be a fan of the Harry Potter series, but Junior Benny Nadeau takes it to another level. He’s the nationally-ranked captain of the Emerson Quidditch World Cup team.

1. Why did you decide to get started with Quidditch?

The community is honestly the best part about Quidditch. Getting to go out there every week and play with all these great people is what really makes our league click and worth coming back to year after year.I knew from the second I saw it being played on Common that the community was infectious and something I needed to be a part of.

2. How did you get to the level you’re at now?

Hard work! I had an amazing captain, leader and friend when I was a freshman and most of things that he told me then still apply now. Nothing is given and everything is earned. No matter how much inherent athletic ability you have, none of it will matter if you’re not willing to put in the time and effort. I guess that’s how I got here and it was worth every second.

3. Why do you think Quidditch in particular is so popular at Emerson?

The community! It’s so easy-going and friendly, it really does make playing at Emerson impossibly heart-warming.

4. Where do you want to see Quidditch at Emerson go in the future?

Win the World Cup. Nothing else would be satisfactory. But, as a whole, I want to be a family forever.