The Best Instagram Accounts to Follow for Style Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

All Throwback Thursdays of you at your five year old birthday party move aside; sometimes things like Insta are best left to the professionals. From Bloggers to Editors, these ladies are killing it in every aspect of the style industry and are dishing up a little inspiration, along with their fabulous selves. It’s ok to be obsessed; each one embodies a completely different style aesthetic while remaining true to who they are.. So grab your phone because only here is stalking highly encouraged.

Miss Preppy: Carly Heitlinger

Her insta is a college prepster’s dream. If you want to fantasize about trips to Cape May, a little light afternoon bookstore shopping, or how smoking flats will look with pretty much any outfit, Carly is your girl. Her insta is full of great outfit ideas as well as a tour of NYC through the eyes and camera of a prepster. More photos of Bean Boots and plaid? Yes please!

Miss Boho: Whitney Port

We all know and love Whitney from The Hills and The City but what you should know and love her for even more is her effortless California roots style and behind the scenes look of her fashion line through an insta lens. Whit is the perfect girl to follow if you want ideas on how to rock a striped tee or simpler California kissed make up ideas.

Miss Hipster: Tavi Young

Tavi is for all of the girls who love their leather jackets but aren’t afraid to rock a peter pan collar with chunky loafers. Tavi’s outfits are the perfect combination of cool and certainly not trying to be. As the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of RookieMag, she is sure to lend you plenty of style tips and her account which will instantly make you feel cooler, I promise.

Miss High Fashion: Eva Chen

Eva Chen took us fashionably through middle school, when we would spend hours watching her beauty tutorials for Teen Vogue online. Now, as Lucky Magazine’s new Editor-in-chief, her career as well as her Insta game have been taken to the next level.  Eva is most famous for her Bag, Shoe & Fruit of the day posts, where we are allowed a quick, Haute Couture glimpse, at her effortlessly taking over the fashion world. Expect to feel on point and on trend with a little help from Eva.

Miss Boston: Kellie Van

This is an insta is for Boston fashionistas and makes you wonder how you could want to live anywhere else. Kellie’s Mani Mondays and gorgeous photos of everything she is wearing: from her Hermes bangle, to the new purple lipstick color she is trying is the perfect place to pinpoint some inspiration. Plus the artistic snapshots of Boston don’t hurt either. 

Emerson contributor