This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

They can be worn in the hottest of summers and coldest of winters. They can be bought from the most high-end boutiques or your local thrift store. Ah, yes, the plain white tee—and little did you know there are many ways to style it depending on the occasion. Here are five simple ways to style your everyday top.

Keep it Casual

Not a lot of time to choose something to wear? No problem! This look is great for any day you are running late for class, or if you just want to keep things simple. Pair a white tee with jeans and Converse or Vans. Add a flannel for when you get cold, or if you want a pop of color to your ensemble!

Dress it Up

If you want to look your best for your important meeting or just have extra time to get ready, add a bold skirt and statement necklace to the basic white tee and you are ready to run the world like a girl boss should.

Tourist Friendly

Look like you are traveling through Europe by pairing a white tee with flowy pants and sandals. Good news: Any color of pants will do just fine! If you get chilly, wear a denim jacket with your outfit, and you are good to go!

Saturday Night

Good news about this outfit: it’s basically outfit #1, just with a statement bomber jacket! Add a bomber jacket to your look and get ready for a night out on the town! Pair with Adidas Superstars or Nike Air Force Ones for an edgier look.

Sunday Brunch

For a classier and more sophisticated look, tie a neck scarf or bandana around your neck to add to your white-tee-and-blue-jeans ensemble. For an extra boost of sophistication AND height, add a pair of ankle boots to your outfit!

Marieska Luzada is a sophomore at Emerson College at Boston, MA majoring in journalism and minoring in publishing. Besides writing for HerCampus, you can find her drafting an a capella arrangement, drinking an iced matcha latte, reading a young adult contemporary, or listening to Studio Ghibli movie soundtracks.
Emerson contributor