Pumpkin Spice Szn? More Like Apple Cinnamon Spice Szn! (With Recipes!)

Fall brings an irresistible palate of flavors, from cinnamon and nutmeg to savory soups. While fall is the start of all-things-pumpkin spice, I’d like to highlight another quintessential fall flavor: apple spice!

If you think this is going to be a post hating on pumpkin spice, you’re mistaken. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore pumpkin spice. All the limited-edition pumpkin flavored versions of foods and snacks are loaded up in my pantry right now. I’m merely offering an alternative for our readers who might not be as jazzed as I am about this orange autumn delicacy. Besides, as much as I love pumpkin, an apple cinnamon treat always makes me feel the season aesthetic.

All Things Apple

That sweet, tart taste in a brilliant array of reds, yellows, and greens. Apples match the changing colors of the leaves outside, so bringing that color into your home is a wonderful way to celebrate.

Apple Cider

A hot drink to keep you warm in the weather as it gets chilly. Wanna make your own? Maybe shake things up with a little orange and clove? I found a recipe at Gimme Some Oven that you might enjoy.

Apple Tea

Anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with tea. Some of my favorite apple teas? Cinnamon Apple Spice by Celestial Seasonings or Apple Cinnamon Tea by Harney & Sons (pictured). BRB, I'm gonna go brew some tea and finish writing this article.

Apple Pie

Okay, this one is a little bit of a cheat for me. I've been making apple pie since July 4th rolled around, but hey, it somehow tastes better in the fall. If it's not too cold, go for a little vanilla ice cream on top. If it's really cold, I would pair it with a vanilla latte!

Everyone and their mother has a recipe for apple pie, there are like, a bajillion of them out there. I found a really fancy recipe French Apple-Custard Pie from Cuisine At Home if you love to bake and want to elevate your apple pie skillz. I might try it, it looks amazing.

Candy Apples

Since it's Halloween month, I would be remiss to not mention this fantastic candied treat! I found a pretty easy little how-to on Just A Taste. Anyone else want to throw a Halloween party with these? I know I do.

Cinnamon Apple Chips

I love snacking. I'm a huge fan of anything that allows me to enjoy food in a socially acceptable way just about anywhere. Whether I'm in class or studying at the library or hanging out, having something to munch on is the best. Confession: I haven't had apple chips before. I recently got into banana chips, so when I saw this on Pinterest, I almost lost my mind.

So if you want something on the healthier side to enjoy on the go, check out these crisps from Carrie's Experimental Kitchen. BONUS: your apartment will smell like apple cinnamon practically all day.

Apple Salads?

I acknowledge that most of the things on this list are desserts and beverages, so to balance things out I managed to find some salads with apple slices in them. Mel's Kitchen Cafe has a nice recipe with spinach, apple, bacon, and feta (pictured). There's also this autumn salad from Cooking Classy that has kale, apple, and quinoa for some superfood action. My personal favorite of the list is from The Cozy Apron which combines honeycrisp apples, arugula, and walnuts for a nice, light salad.

Whether your sipping, snacking, prepping Friendsgiving, or a Halloween bash, apples should be the centerpiece of the occasion. It's fall, y'all, and apples are this season's staple.