My Wish-It-Were-Summer Survival Guide

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.

Midterms are in full swing and all I can think about is how awesome it’s going to feel once school is finally out for the summer. One of the downfalls of the quarter system is seeing all your friends from semester schools soaking up the sun when your school term is far from over. Here are some tips and things to make the FOMO feel less severe.

1. 1. Library Lattes

Thank god for the Front Porch Café. To survive studying, you can find me in the library almost daily at this point in the year. Boost your grind with a latte from Front Porch Café, and say hi to Vicky or James while you’re there. Where would we be without them and all the other baristas?

2. 2. Take Your Readings Outside

50+ pages every night is grating when you’re itching to be outside. So, go outside! The weather is becoming consistently gorgeous, so slap on some sunscreen and get some vitamin D while you work towards an A!

3. 4. Treat Your Studying Like A Denver Staycation

Have you been to any of the branches of the Denver Public Library? If not, definitely work to fix this. Treat yourself to a mini staycation by hopping on the lightrail and heading downtown to the main branch of the Denver Public Library! It’ll rejuvenate your surroundings to be in a new space and guarantee an element of adventure to your cram-sesh.

4. 5. Hang Out With Your Fellow DU Dragons

While your semester friends may be on break already and you may miss them, take this opportunity to spend time with the friends you’ve made at DU. Come June, a lot of them will likely be spread out all over the state, the country, or even the world. It’s May, a lovely time of year in Denver, so hang out with your classmates while you can. (Also, this pic is of Carlee and I from freshman year, we're the cutest)

We're all itching for summer, but don't miss out on the fun you can still have on DU's campus!