This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

With the beginning of a new year and a new quarter, we at HCDU decided to start by getting to know some of the wonderful student alliances on campus. There are over 15 student affinity groups at DU, and all of them play a vital role.

Student alliances allow those of similar backgrounds to connect, creating a safe place for marginalized identities to come together. These groups educate students about the different cultures that exist on campus and the lived experiences that differ from their own. 

Despite their similar goals, every student alliance on campus is unique. Every day this week, we will be showcasing a different one. Check out all of the student alliance and affinity groups on Crimson Connect by searching their names.

The current student alliance and affinity groups are listed below. 

Student Alliances:

African Students United

Asian Student Alliance – most recent profile here! 

Black Student Alliance – most recent profile here! 

Chabad

Hillel

International Student Organization

Latinx Student Alliance

Muslim Student Association

Native Student Alliance

Queer Student Alliance

South Asian Student Association – most recent profile here! 

Vietnamese Student Association

Other student affinity groups:

American Indian Science and Engineering Society

Multicultural Alliance for Representation and Education

National Society for Minorities in Hospitality

National Society of Black Engineers

Hello! I am one of the Her Campus DU Campus Correspondents! I am majoring in Psychology with minors in Chemistry and Criminology with the hopes of becoming a Forensic Psychologist someday! I joined Her Campus to be able to get my voice out there, as writing is one of my utmost passions. Some of my favorite things include Jesus, my family, and learning new things.