A Few Tips to Stay Positive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

It’s almost week eight Pios and oh golly gosh it’s hitting people hard. Almost all my friends these past few weeks became very anxious from their academic work load to personal dilemmas to actual work load. Mercury really hit people while in retrograde and we are all still picking up the pieces. This task of “picking up the pieces” can be a quite difficult one. Personally, I think it’s one of the hardest things for humans to do. Being discouraged day after day and continuously given reasons during a short period of time as to why you shouldn’t keep going. Sometimes we just feel like were drowning with waves repeatedly beating us back down into the ocean.

photo from: mrs vivan bennett

Well, when this happens DO NOT DROWN. You will get through everything. Everything will get better. Better is not always what we plan. I know this is all cliché, but that is because all of these phrases are proven to be true time and time again. We all live through some very shitty times, whether or not these times are as serve as another person’s time shouldn’t matter. At the end of the day, we all experience bad days; and at the same time, we all experience the best days of our lives. One of the best methods I’ve used to make it through the bad back to the good is accepting the need of negative events in our lives.

photo from: Šarūnė Mac

Like it or not, the balance of positive and negative energy is vital to our universe. After the burning of acres of forest comes beautiful new plant life from the new nutrients created from the destruction. So, as long as this idea begins to be accepted more and more, it is easier for one to accept the bad shit that happens in life and move on towards the positive that will ALWAYS happen after the bad.

So, stay strong Pios! We’re almost done.
Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.