Life > Experiences

What You Need to Know Before Going to Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

The best things in life are free – with the exception of ice cream. If you’re like us, you’ll often find yourself forking over $9 at North Side just for that single pint of Ben & Jerry’s. But on April 12th, Ben & Jerry’s is offering the perfect solution for all your woes. This Tuesday, every single Ben & Jerry’s store in the world will be celebrating your new favorite holiday, Free Cone Day! From 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., you will be able to satisfy your sweet tooth with any flavor your heart desires. Here are the basics you need to know before getting your free treat!

1. There’s no RSVP required!

Whether you go or not is totally up to you. You don’t have to let anyone know ahead of time; you just have to show up!

2. You can go to any Ben & Jerry’s in the world and still get a free cone.

Each store will be offering the same promotion, whether you go to Penn’s campus, Rittenhouse Square, or any other location!

3. There’s definitely going to be a line.

Don’t go five minutes before your next class and expect to be served right away. But don’t worry – it will be worth the wait!

4. You can get as many free cones as you want!

Provided you’re willing to stand in line again for the next one.

5. You might be standing outside.

Depending on how long the line is, you might end up waiting outside for a while. Dress accordingly!

6. Depending on what flavor you get, you’ll be contributing to worthy causes without paying a cent.

Ben & Jerry’s buys a lot of their ingredients from businesses that do good for the community. The sugar, cocoa, vanilla, coffee, and bananas in Ben & Jerry’s products are also all fair trade! Find out more details here.

7. You can support LGBTQ rights just by showing up.

Ben & Jerry’s openly supports marriage equality and equal rights for all.

8. You won’t find any GMOs in your free cone.

The company proudly advertises that all of their flavors are made out of non-GMO ingredients.

Now that you have the run-down on Free Cone Day 2016, mark your calendars for Tuesday, April 12th and be sure to check it out! Share this article with your friends to save a life (or at least their sweet tooth).

Her Campus Drexel contributor.