This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Philadelphia is the hub for all things fitness. With so many options, it may be hard to decide where you want to invest your money. To make your life a little easier, we decided to try out the new Pilates based fitness class, SLT. Originating in New York City, SLT is a megaformer studio that opened their first location in Philadelphia over the summer. The brand is super popular among celebrities, athletes and models in the NY area. SLT is offering a student discount package selling 5 classes for $130 instead of the regular price of $150 for 5 classes. Since we love all things fitness that are discounted and fitness based, we decided to give it a try.

Let us just preface that we did this class during week one of classes after a summer of hardly working out. Needless to say like most students, we are not professional athletes. Okay, this class was hard. Not hard like going on a run for the first time in a couple of weeks, hard as in running a 5k for the first time. That being said, this class wasn’t impossible. We actually had the time of our lives. SLT will test your balance and will work your core in every move while also targeting other areas. 

We came to SLT about 15 minutes early so we could ask questions and get the gist of the company. Upon arrival we received a warm greeting and the run down of how the class will go. Our instructor, Emma, was also working the desk and was really prepared to answer any question we could think of. Essentially we were told that we would perform various moves on a large scale Pilates machine that will work every muscle group. There are no breaks in between the moves but we were encouraged to stop and rest if need be. We were given sticky socks so that our feet wouldn’t slip, similar to what you buy at Barre classes. 

The instructor was extremely helpful during our first class. There were moves and lingo that were unfamiliar but the instructor would help position our bodies to ensure that we wouldn’t hurt ourselves. Each move is slow counted which is really nice because I felt like we had time to get the hang of each move. Emma played great pump up music and counted us through each move, encouraging us along the way.

This studio really stands out among the rest in the Philadelphia area. I’ve been to many different types of fitness classes and none have measured up to SLT. The studio has such a welcoming vibe that made us feel super comfortable and at ease, even when we were struggling to walk down the stairs after the killer work out. You can find SLT at 1625 Walnut Street in Center City Philadelphia. You’ll buzz into the upstairs studio with an amazing view as you build a stronger version of yourself. When you go to SLT be sure to ask for the student rate so you can save $20!

Her Campus Drexel contributor.