This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Over the last few years with more and more cases of injustice towards black people, we have seen an increase in an organization called Black Lives Matter. This organization is a political and social nonviolent movement that brings awareness towards police violence towards blacks and others related to black issues in this country. Over the last few months of 2020, we have seen many different protests, due to the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery. Many different people have come together because they know that being arrested should not end in someone dying or that being black in America should not be a death sentence, bringing awareness to the injustice that the system has on minorities and people of color. But, one thing that has emerged for this is Black Lives Matter vs All Lives Matter, when we say BLM we are not saying that other people’s lives do not matter, we are saying that at this time in our country that black lives are in danger. And things will not get better until there is some serious change happening in many different parts of this country.

Hi, my name is Jamila Seidu and I am currently a student at Delaware State University and I am a kinesiology major. I love everything art and I'm not afraid to try something new, so here I am. I hope you enjoy.