With midterms coming soon, your stress levels are probably pretty high. When I’m stressed with school (or anything really), I love to put on a movie to help me relax. I’ve developed a few movies that have become my go-to's when I’m really stressed and just want to focus on something that’s not contributing to my anxiety.

The Simpsons Movie (2007)

I have loved the television show The Simpsons for as long as I can remember. Lisa Simpson is probably one of television’s greatest characters in my opinion. So, when I heard a movie was being developed I was extremely excited. Yes, I was only five years old but I remember like it was yesterday. If you want a good laugh, this is the movie to turn to.

Legally Blonde (2001)

Whenever I feel like I’m struggling with school and can’t pull through, I just think of Elle Woods. A fashion major who decided to go to Harvard Law School, just to win back her ex-boyfriend. This film has many comical premises, most notably, when Elle is allowed to try a murder case (as a first-year law student). While there are many inaccuracies, this film is sure to put a smile on your face.

The Incredibles (2004) and Incredibles 2 (2018)

When I first heard there was going to be a sequel to The Incredibles I was unsure if it would do as well as the first one. There have been many sequels to great films that haven’t been as good as the first one. However, many sequels have proven this wrong and I was proven wrong with Incredibles 2. The sequel has more action than the first movie, and we see Elastigirl with a much bigger spotlight. 

Monsters, Inc (2001)

Monsters, Inc is my favorite Pixar movie of all time. The premise of two friends, who just happen to be monsters, stumbling across a human girl is too funny. And one of the funniest characters, Mike Wazowski, is voiced by comedian Billy Crystal. If you want a lighthearted comedy, this is the film to put on.

I hope everyone can take something away from this list, and maybe put on one of these movies the next time you’re feeling stressed.

Maryann Ress

DePaul '24

Maryann has been a part of the Her Campus team since her freshman year.