By Maryann Ress

If you’re like me and obsessed with pop culture, you definitely have an idea of what you want your Halloween costume to be this year. However, for those who don’t have an idea where to start, here are some ideas to help you start thinking.

1. Velma or Daphne from Scooby-Doo

Who doesn’t want to be a part of Mystery Incorporated and get to wear Daphne and Velma’s iconic outfits. Let out your inner girly girl and wear Daphne’s signature dark purple and lavender dress, styled with a green scarf and purple headband and heels. For Velma, she wore turtleneck sweaters before they were trendy. If you’re lucky and can pull one off (I can’t myself), let out your inner Velma Dinkley.

2. Fembot from Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

I have seen the infamous fembot costume all over TikTok this October. It might be a little basic, but it’s a classic. If you don’t want to be too on trend this Halloween, you can always be the iconic Vanessa Kensington from the first Austin Powers film.

3. Elle Woods from Legally Blonde

Elle Woods is my fashion icon every month of the year. So, why wouldn’t I want to dress as her for Halloween?

4. Cher from Clueless

As if you couldn’t pull this costume off. This 90s classic film set trends that are still seen today.

5. Olivia Rodrigo on her debut Sour album cover

Olivia Rodrigo’s first album cover did not only earn millions of streams all over the world, but also makes for a pretty easy Halloween costume. Just make sure to grab your stickers!

Hopefully you found some inspiration from this list and have a happy Halloween!

Have any cute costume ideas? Tweet us @HerCampusDePaul or tag us on Instagram @hercampusdepaul

Maryann Ress

DePaul '24

Maryann Ress is a sophomore at DePaul University. She is currently obtaining a BA in English. Maryann is part of the Her Campus team as a contributor and social media director. She has loved reading and writing ever since she was little. If she's not studying or working, you can find her watching old movies.