This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

The Davidson Atlas of Beauty was created as a continuation of Mihaela Noroc’s project to document the vast diversity of beauty around the world through photography. Every month, Her Campus Davidson will attempt to highlight the broad spectrum of beauty represented on our campus. In a world filled with ugliness and hate, it is important to celebrate all the beautiful and good things that surround us in our day-to-day lives. 

This month, Her Campus Davidson is proud to present a double feature! Meet best friends/roommates Haley and Jenna. They enjoy playing in trees…

And posing for maternity pictures…

Who are you? 

Haley Hamblin – 

“I am a sophomore political science major from New Mexico, but I live in Illinois now. Among other activities, I’m involved in Young Americans for Freedom (YAF), Methodist College Fellowship (MCF), and Rusk.”

Jenna Reed – 

“I am a sophomore from Salt Lake City, Utah, and a potential biology major. On campus, my primary extracurricular commitments are Gamut Dance Company and Dance Ensemble.”

What does “beauty” mean to you? How do you find beauty in the world, in others, and in yourself?

“Beauty is happiness, living life to the fullest, and doing what feels right. It comes from seeing people go about their lives with compassion, kindness, spirit, and energy. Beauty emerges from a place deep within your core; it can’t be forced to adhere to someone else’s standard. That doesn’t mean we can’t create beauty, but it has to come from within, from what feels right in order to be genuine. It is what comes naturally to ourselves and the universe around us.”

Well said, girls. 

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8pm in the Morcott Room.

Claire Biggerstaff is a senior at Davidson College where she's pursuing a major in English. Since her sophomore year, she's been heavily involved with Her Campus and has written for her school's chapter, interned with Her Campus Media, and eventually became the Editor in Chief of her home chapter. Her work as also appeared on publications like Babe.net and The Odyssey. When she's not researching news stories or holding editing workshops with her writers, you can find her enjoying an episode of The X-Files and thinking about how much she loves autumn.