Cognizance Beyond the College Bubble

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.

Textbooks in hand and planners packed to the max, we dash across campus with purpose. As Dartmouth students, our days blur together as the quarter marches by quicker than we can comprehend. Every moment is accounted for—studying for the next slew of midterms, applying for internships, carving out time for a social life. Navigating this high-achieving environment, it is often easy to feel as though college is its own world. Life is confined to our breathless interactions in Baker Lobby and bounded by our scenic pine woods. 

Stumbling across any recent news however, this mindset is instantly challenged. Missing just a day of current events leaves us marveling at how much has changed in such a short time span. While we faithfully take notes in class and enrich our academic spectrums in lecture halls, being truly invested in our education entails immersing ourselves in the sphere beyond the “Dartmouth Bubble. With today’s volatile global and national political climate, it is especially difficult for college students to take the time not only to keep up with the news but to seek objective sources. 

Towards these ends, the New York Times is offering Dartmouth students free subscriptions to its array of news platforms. With this offer, students can access resources from the daily paper to podcasts, staying aware of politics, art, science, and much more. Particularly useful for busy college students, the New York Times even offers the Morning Briefing newsletter, which comes to your inbox each morning with the day’s most salient news. Whether you’d like to hear about every current affair or simply the “breaking news” headlines, sign up through this link and customize your subscription according to your interests. You can also download the NYT app to enable access on-the-go. 

Features offered by New York Times subscription. 

Morning Briefing newsletter brings today’s current events to your inbox. 

A busy schedule in college is expected as we grow and delve further into our academic interests. However, this is also an opportunity for us to form our own viewpoints and become passionate, cognizant citizens of the world. The New York Times is dedicated to helping students achieve this goal, enabling access to reliable media and giving us the tools to stay well- informed. Staying aware of current events is undoubtedly a crucial skill for a young person, facilitating intelligent discussion inside and outside of the classroom. Sign up using your Dartmouth email today to become a confident participant in the ongoing global conversation.