Kacey Musgraves' Golden Hour in Seattle

Kacey Musgraves came to Seattle on Tuesday night for a sold-out show. What a memorable night it was! My Mom and I had a date night together to go see her and I can easily say it is one of the best memories we have together. We had been looking forward to this night for about 2 months. The buildup to the show was so real! It was better than we both could have ever imagined. I can honestly say it was one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to.

The concert was at the Paramount Theater and I really don’t think there’s a much better concert venue in the PNW save The Gorge. Her set was incredibly colorful and magical. The vibe she carries is very 60s and retro so as you can imagine, her stage and costume perfectly matched everything. One of the best parts of the night was during her song “Oh What a World”, a couple sitting front row directly center got engaged! From my seat, I could see the guy down on one knee with the ring box in his hands. I pointed it out to my mom and shortly after, right in between lyrics, Kacey announced: “he’s proposing!”. Like come on, does it get more special than that? She was accompanied by a special guest, Soccer Mommy, who I had never heard her music before, but I was a fan. Kacey played for about an hour and a half which included her whole album, Golden Hour, as well as a few of her older goodies.

I know I’ve expressed my love for her before but she’s just so free-spirited and cute it’s hard not to love her. Prior to Golden Hour coming out, I wasn’t really a fan of hers I only knew her name. I remember shortly after her album released, it popped up on my Spotify so I gave it a listen and wow. Her songs like "Happy and Sad", "Mother", and "Lonely Weekend" resonated with me so deeply that it was like where did she come from? How is she so accurately describing the same experiences I'm going through? Why is her sound so cool and unique? From then on I was hooked on her. 

It was especially fun to catch her fresh off her post-Grammy win buzz. She walked away with not one – but 4 Grammy’s last Sunday! I thought for sure her fresh wins would be mentioned at some point during the night but she was so humble about it. All she said was “Thank you for joining us tonight, it’s been such a crazy week”. Very subtle there, Kacey. To which everyone responded with huge applause and uproar because gosh dang it we’re just very proud of her. As sad as I was feeling post-concert, I get to look forward to seeing her at Coachella in April and I can’t wait to see the show she will put on in the desert. 

Are you a big Kasey Musgraves fan like me? Seen her in concert? Let HCCWU know your experience and make sure to read the rest of this week's articles!