This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Meet Caroline Martin, the special events coordinator for CU’s New Public Relations Chapter!

Caroline Martin is a 20-year-old Denver Native. When she isn’t watching the walking dead, you can find her skiing or hanging out with her sorority sisters. Aside from being Gamma Phi Beta’s house manager, she is also the events coordinator for Public Relations Student Society of America. She plans networking workshops, speed networking, and club mixers. These events are organized to help students prepare for the fast-paced and exciting world of Public Relations.

Why did you join this chapter, and why do you think other people should join? 

“We have so many students at CU now that are public relations majors, so our chapter is gaining a lot of popularity. I am now connected to so many people in the industry because of being involved in PRSSA, and I’ve made so many new friends. Whenever I am interviewing for an internship, employers always think its so cool that I am part of a national student organization”

What made you want to be a Public Relation Major?

“PR is such a cool field to be in because it is fast paced and the field is always evolving.  It’s all about preserving a company or a person’s reputation which at times can tricky, but at the end of the day, it is such a rewarding profession. I feel like I can really showcase my creativity through writing and planning special events. PR is such a diverse field so I could work in anything from non-profits to the government” 

What are your favortie things to do in Boulder?

I love the laid back culture that Boulder has, I love going on hikes up Chautauqua, getting rush bowls, and shopping on pearl street” 

Want to get involved?! Contact Dawn Doty at dawn.doty@colorado.edu  

Daniela Baldwin Vega is a senior at CU Boulder that traded a view of the Golden gate bridge for the backdrop of the flatties. She is a Public Relations Major, with a passion for all things publicity and content creation. When she isin't finding the latest trends in the beauty/fashion world, you can find her spending time with her girlfriends or at the latest restaurant on Pearl. "Always look like you know where you're going, even if you don't" - Samantha Jones  HCXO.  D.       
Sko Buffs!