This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Finals week is nearly upon us. With a tsunami of obligations, it’s easy to get caught up in the waves and drown. Here’s how to survive finals week from someone who has done this too many times:

1. Plan, plan, and then actually do it.

Multiple classes mean a plethora of exams, projects, and study sessions. Be sure to stay on top of your mounting workload by planning out what needs to be done and by when. Pull out your planner or calendar and be sure to mark down important exams or due dates. Budget your time to be sure you have enough time in advance to study. Block out time on your calendar to hit the books.

2. Take care of YOU.

When your to-do list is resembling a demonic Hydra as you chop one head off and two more take its place, be sure to take the time and take care of your mental and physical health. Often times, when people get super busy their health is the first thing to go. This only makes matters worse. Taking care of your health will not only make you feel better, but you’ll actually be more productive!

3. Fucking sleep.

To be blunt, pulling all-nighters is straight up dumb. When you don’t sleep, there are tons of negative consequences. You don’t have the same attention span and have more difficulty retaining information, which can affect your performance on exams. You won’t be as quick to recall the topics you spent all night studying. Instead, go to bed and wake up a little early to study.

4. Slay and be okay.

Go into your exams with confidence. When you believe in your abilities, you’re going to be a lot better rather than approaching exams with nerves and fear. To help achieve confidence, practice some self-love by acknowledging that you are going to do your best and that’s all you can do. This also applies for when you receive your grades; everyone has not done as well as hoped on exams, and that’s okay. Give it your best shot and be kind to yourself.

5. Treat yo self.

Motivation is at an all-time low. How do professors expect you to study when winter break is only weeks away? Encourage yourself to get through that next chapter or study guide with rewards for when you complete it. It can be as simple as making the time to hit the gym or getting your midnight milkshake on.

All in all, finals week will be over soon! Good luck.   

Inspiration:

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/mbwezv/what-pulling-an-all-nighter-does-to-your-mind-and-body-vgtl

Gifs from Giphy!

Summerlyn is currently pursuing a double major in Operations Management and Finance, a minor in Sociology, and a certificate in CESR at CU Boulder. She keeps busy with school work, being an RA, and working as an apprentice at a company here in Boulder. She makes time for the important things in life, such as spending quality time with friends and family, hiking and backpacking, yoga, and prose. As a new member to Her Campus, she is excited to contribute to the Boulder community and spread some good vibes.
Sko Buffs!