This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

The leaves are changing, fall decorations are in full effect, and if you are in Boulder, it has finally started to snow. Don’t fret though, we still have some fall left, so don’t put away your fall clothes and pumpkin spices away just yet. Are you in need of spicing up your Instagram this fall?  Here are five different locations and ideas for you to take those fall worthy pictures that people will be raving about!

Pumpkins!

Pinterest

Nothing says fall like a pumpkin patch! Any cute pumpkin patch pictures will be perfect for your Insta feed. Position yourself in the middle of the pumpkins and smile away. Feel free to grab a pumpkin or a friend. “ Props” always look good in photos and make it look more candid and less awkward!

Corn Mazes?

Pinterest

Mysterious? Coy? Cute? Think of all the angles you can get with a picture in a corn maze. Corn mazes are not only a lot of fun to do, but they are great for taking pictures. You can have a friend grab a camera and take pictures of you running through the corn maze, hiding in the stalks, or just messing around. Grab your cutest fall outfit and head to the closest corn maze. I promise you won’t regret it!

Trees Galore!

Pinterest

Fall means leaves in fall colors galore, which is why we love the colors of fall. Grab a beanie and an outfit that will stand out in the leaves (yellow, orange, red, and brown), and head to the closest grove of trees!

1…2…3… Jump!

Pinterest

When you were a child, did you ever have the sudden urge to jump into the closest leaf pile near you? I know I did. Unfortunately, if we do that now, we might get a few weird glances. I say, let your inner child out and get some great pictures of you throwing leaves around. You are bound to get an Insta worthy picture in seconds!

It’s all about the view Pinterest

Fall is all about nature and the changing of the seasons. Find the nearest mountain or hill ( the Flatirons) and take pictures with the backdrop of the changing leaves. Take a day and drive up the mountains to find a beautiful location that you think is worthy of being on your Instagram. Have fun with this and bring your friends with you!  

Hannah Starnes

CU Boulder '22

Hannah Starnes is a freshman at the University of Colorado at Boulder. She is majoring in communications and journalism, and hopes to minor in international affairs. Hannah comes from Breckenridge, CO, where she attended Summit High School. She loves skiing, watching Netflix ( The 100), going on hikes, performing, hanging with friends, and going on adventures. She is also a Starbucks addict. So, if you ever need advice on what drink to get, she's got your back!
Sko Buffs!