burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Designers to Know if You’re a Brand Snob

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Many of us know the famous designer brands such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Christian Dior. However, if you want to consider yourself a brand snob (like I am), here are a few “lesser known”, but equally fabulous (and expensive) brands.

Isabel Marant

Isabel Marant makes beautiful boho-esque pieces. Her two brands, Isabel Marant and Isabel Marant Étoile have beautifully constructed Free People meets All Saints. She has collaborated with H&M. From jeans to tops to dresses, she makes it all.

Sea NY

I own one Sea NY dress and it is my go-to dress for events. From playful colors to interesting lace, it is a beautiful way to ornament your wardrobe. Their pieces have a feminine quality to them while simultaneously having an edgy nature.    

Helmut Lang

I love this brand. Recently I’ve been trying to switch my style to be more modern and “Parisian” rather than simply “cutesy”. Their sweaters and tops are simple and comfortable and fashionable. With amazing basics to sophisticated evening attire, this is one of my all time favorites.

Raquel Allegra

I love her stuff. She makes beautiful hand-dyed and purposely distressed pieces. Occasionally, her stuff is a little “hippie” for lack of better worlds, for me, however, for the most part, the silks and colors are to die for.

So ladies! Here’s some brand knowledge for those who were interested in knowing how I style myself and with whom! Some places to shop these brands for not full price (as we are all college students) is the RealReal, an online consignment store, Common Threads Boulder/Common Threads Denver (I work at the one in Boulder so come say hi!), and Rags consignment! 

Noelle Ireland

CU Boulder '22

Aspiring lifestyle and fashion photographer and student at CU Boulder. Hoping to empower women and be empowered by others.
Sko Buffs!