yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Misty mornings, skinny jeans, and vibrant trees mark the end of sunny summer days and the beginnings of the cozy moments to come in autumn. Embrace the change in seasons with these fun activities. There is something for everyone whether you prefer to enjoy the chilly weather indoors or go out and explore.

Netflix and Cozy

Get cozy in the softest, most fluffy blanket you own. Whether you want to spend some quality time by yourself or snuggle up with either your friends or SO, grab your favorite hot drink as you binge-watch the latest tv shows or movies. In the spirit of Halloween, check out Hush or The Train to Busan.

Celestial Seasonings Tour

Love tea but want to get out of the house? Make your way down to the Celestial Seasonings factory for unlimited tea tasting and a tour of their factory. Be sure to visit the peppermint room for some delicious smells. Find more information here: http://www.celestialseasonings.com/visit-us

Coffee Shops and Prose

Grab an overpriced cup of coffee and make it your aesthetic for the day. Really take the time to enjoy your drink and soak up the local coffee shop vibes. Prose and poetry pair well with coffee: either read or write your own.

Wander through campus, admire the colorful foliage, and find your way to Innisfree. It is local coffee shop that hosts Open Mic Night every Tuesday night at 7 pm. Listen to local artists perform or sign up to present your own creations. You can also pay homage to your favorite poets by presenting their work, just be sure to give credit where credit is due (#honorcode).

Pumpkin Patch

A classic fall experience is visiting a pumpkin patch, and for good reason too. Bring your friends and pick out some cute pumpkins. Take the opportunity to take some basic pictures. Bring your pumpkins home to have a pumpkin-carving-party where you can release any stress by stabbing your pumpkin into perfection.

Road Trip!

Colorado is gorgeous; take the weekend off and go explore the beautiful landscape as it transforms. Find your way into the mountains for radiant aspens and bold mountains. Rocky Mountain National Park enjoys colorful trees and pristine lakes. It is only an hour and a half away and is opportunistic for photo shoots, hikes, or picnics under pines.

Aspen, an escalated ski town in Colorado, makes for a perfect weekend getaway to see some amazing scenery. Drive the four hours to the Maroon Bells for some stunning photography and hiking.

Hot Air Balloon Festival

Those of you looking for something a little more unique, drive the 3 hours to Rocky Ford for their Hot Air Balloon Festival. Be a spectator as the countless balloons escape gravity and drift into the clouds. Find more information here: http://www.exploresoutheastcolorado.com/balloonfestival.htm

Fall is such a wonderful season that you don’t want to miss. Be sure to step away from school, make some good memories, and enjoy the season.

Shout out to Pinterest for all these beautiful photos!

(Shameless plug) Follow my adventures on Instagram @Simplyserendipity2

Summerlyn is currently pursuing a double major in Operations Management and Finance, a minor in Sociology, and a certificate in CESR at CU Boulder. She keeps busy with school work, being an RA, and working as an apprentice at a company here in Boulder. She makes time for the important things in life, such as spending quality time with friends and family, hiking and backpacking, yoga, and prose. As a new member to Her Campus, she is excited to contribute to the Boulder community and spread some good vibes.
Sko Buffs!