Campus Cutie: Sarah Haddad

“That girl is awesome!” is a common response when asked “do you Know Sarah Haddad?” You know this saucy redhead as that shy girl sitting in the back row of your Gender and Women’s Studies class or as that hilarious girl enthusiastically strutting around campus -- there’s no in between.  Either way she’ll greet you with a big smile on her face and a cheerful hello even if she forgets your name. This girl can be seen rocking a classic Conn Coll t-shirt and jean jacket with her Louis Vuitton wristlet and Burberry boots. Find out more about “Racy Red’s” weekend rituals and signature dance moves.

Class Year: 2017

Hometown: Orange, CT

Dorm: Wright 

Major: Undeclared, but possibly bio/pre-vet, psychology, or international relations.  I’ve considered majoring in bio because I’ve always wanted to be a vet. Growing up, I didn’t have any brothers or sisters, so I enjoyed taking care of my dog Snowflake. I’ve thought about majoring in international relations because I want to become more informed about the world and expand my options.

Extracurricular Activities: Best Buddies, Relay for Life, aspiring comedian

Relationship Status: Single

What are your nick-names? Racy red, Haddad, Red Delicious

Doppelganger? Shaun White baby

Favorite movie: The Parent Trap because I’m basically the their triplet.  I also like Meet the Fockers.

Celebrity Crush? Milo Ventimiglia (Jess from Gilmore Girls)

Favorite thing about Conn? The people

Favorite afternoon snack? Cottage cheese and pineapple

What animal most describes your personality? A lobster

So, you love animals and want to be a veterinarian.  Can you tell us about any pets you have had?

Well, my dog, Snowflake, is my best friend.  But, I used to have a hermit crab named Alfred.  I thought the hermit crab needed some friends, so I bought three new hermit crabs.  The next day when I woke up, Alfred had lost his legs ‘cuz the new friends had eaten them. 

How would you describe your personal style? Fresh-faced and boho-chic

Favorite dance move at Cro dance?

"The Wop" is the prefect combination of hand and foot movement. There are many different styles of this dance, so you can spice it up by incorporating your own movements! I like to incorporate the neck roll, ‘cuz it's important to not be stiff and just loosen up. 

What’s your go to party anthem? Reggae music and rap

You are always best-dressed at holiday dances. What are you going to wear to Festivus this year?

The velvet pants again. They encompass Christmas time and remind me of Santa Clause. My friends want me to wear a dress, but I refuse. The pants are very comfortable and allow me to do the "Wop" and jam out to Christmas carols.

What pick-up line would your secret admirer use to get your attention? A smoldering eye, a wink, and a “Hey I like your velvet pants.”

What would be your ideal date? Ice skating

What’s the weirdest Facebook post that you’ve ever written? 

Top two: “Can't leave the house without my freckles” and “I would be the best bouncer”

What was your most embarrassing moment at Conn?

During freshmen year, I was asleep in the top bunk of my bed. Then, I fell off my bed onto my desk and broke my desk. I got a really huge bruise on my thigh, and I walked around campus with it.

How do you feel about being Campus Cutie?

No comment. She was speechless!