Meet the Team: Writer Arianna Antigone

School & Class: Barnard College, Class of 2022

Major: Undecided, but probably English with a concentration in creative writing

Hometown: New York

1. Tell me a little about yourself. Are you involved with anything on or off campus?

In addition to writing for Her Campus Barnard, I am a part of Planned Parenthood Generation and the Athena Pre-Law Society.

2. What do you think Her Campus Media stand for?

I think Her Campus is a nationwide platform that allows female college students to write about things that are important and relevant to them. The site has articles on a wide variety of topics and so I like that it’s almost impossible to not find a good read.

3. Why did you choose Barnard?

I chose Barnard because I love everything that it stands for and I love New York City. The college provides an amazing education and an inclusive community of empowered women empowering women. I also knew that I wanted to go to a college in NYC, and so I felt that it would be a great fit for me.

4. What inspires you to write?

The little things of daily life inspire me to write—from a passing butterfly to the sound of rain.

5. What are you passionate about?

I’m passionate about social justice, female empowerment, Harry Styles, and writing.

6. What positive changes do you want to see in the college/university?

I hope to see improvements regarding self-care, mental wellness, and the food at Barnard dining halls. (I usually end up eating at Columbia because I tend to find a better variety of options there.)

7. Who is your role model?

My mother is definitely my role model. She is the most caring, dedicated, and hard-working person I know.

8. If you could make you one change in the world, what would it be and why?

There are so many things I’d love to be able to change, but if I had to pick just one I’d make sure everyone has access to clean water and food.

9. What are you most looking forward to during winter break?

I’m most looking forward to spending time with my family, friends, and pets as well as resting and catching up on Netflix.