Crystal Healing: Best Healing Crystals For Beginners

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Healing crystals are crystals used to attract or evoke specific energies in order to increase or decrease the likelihood of a certain event or outcome from happening. Really, any crystal can be a healing crystal, if you use it correctly. But, because there are so many different crystals with very different compositions, the uses for these crystals vary depending on the intention you have. Because the use of healing crystals involves the transfer of energies, there are some crystals that are more difficult to work with for beginners. I have compiled a list of crystals that are very easy to work with and are great for beginners interested in the art of crystal healing.

Clear Quartz

Clear Quartz, commonly referred to as the Master Healer by many, is one of the most versatile crystals out there, which makes it the ideal crystal for beginners. Clear Quartz is really one of the best crystals for enhancing the energies of other crystals around it and for cleansing your aura. Because it enhances the energies surrounding it, it is essential to cleanse this crystal regularly to avoid passing negative energies to yourself and others. It is easily programmable, meaning that just by focusing your intentions on it, the crystal will absorb those energies and you will be able to use it towards that specific intention.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash

Amethyst

Amethyst is a great crystal to use for moments in life when you may need to clear your mind, and possibly look deeper into yourself for answers only you may know. It provides spiritual protection, as well as facilitates intuition. It is commonly used during meditation, as it relieves stress and anxiety, and purifies negative energies and thoughts. It is also a wonderful crystal to lay under a pillow to get rid of nightmares.

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Rose Quartz

Rose Quartz, commonly referred to as the crystal of Love and Compassion, is wonderful for those grieving a loss or experiencing some sort of emotional trauma. It is great to use when resolving negative emotions such as anger and sadness, and promotes the ability to feel compassion for others. Rose Quartz can be used to attract new love, bring strength and prosperity to existing relationships, and help partners better understand each other’s perspective to resolve fights.

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Tiger’s Eye

Because this stone carries strong Earth energies, Tiger’s Eye is a wonderful stone for grounding oneself and helping the mind think rationally in important situations. This stone is also great to keep in the workplace because it promotes prosperity and self-empowerment and boosts one’s motivation. Writers and artists benefit immensely from this stone, as it helps get rid of writer’s block and promotes creativity.

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Smoky Quartz

Another grounding stone, Smoky Quartz is commonly used to cleanse environments, auras, and other stones. Because of this, Smoky Quartz helps relieve negative emotions, as well as negative memories from the past. It can relieve panic attacks and promote better focus, as well as push harmful energies away and act as a protection stone for houses and other possessions.

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Citrine

Citrine is known as the prosperity stone because it helps motivate those using it, and promotes prosperity in all aspects of life, but specifically regarding wealth. Instead of absorbing negative energy, it completely clears it, which makes it a great stone for relieving tension within families and relationships. It also clears the mind and aids in creativity, as well as increases sexual fertility.

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Carnelian

This stone is associated with the sacral chakra, which makes it a very passion-invoking stone. Some may use the energy from Carnelian to gain sexual confidence, stamina, and courage to improve sexual performance. Aside from that, Carnelian is often referred to as the Singer’s Stone, because it promotes confidence on stage. Carnelian is also a stone of motivation and helps the wearer overcome procrastination.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia

Bloodstone

Bloodstone is a wonderful and powerful stone, and is referred to a lot as the Healing Stone. It is known for boosting the immune system, purifying the body of toxins and disease, and providing ease to wearers who are suffering from a chronic, painful illness. Bloodstone also calms the mind and helps one to stay focused “in the moment”. It’s also a great stone for athletes, as it boosts energy levels and brings luck during competitions.

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

Hematite

Hematite is well known for aiding in emotional stability and mental health, as it absorbs toxic emotions such as stress, anxiety, and worry. This is a great stone for those looking for some emotional balance in their hectic lives. Hematite is a wonderful stone to keep by while studying, as it promotes mental clarity and aids in memory retention. It also has healing effects on the body because it supports blood circulation.

Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia

*If you would like to learn more about the healing crystals listed, as well as learn about more crystals that were not mentioned in this article, check out Spirals of Light, Crystal Vaults, and Energy Muse!

Nina is a senior at Christopher Newport University pursuing her BA in English with a concentration in writing. She has a passion for writing and helping others as much as she can, and hopes to work for an organization that will help make a difference in people's lives. In her free time, Nina enjoys reading, spending time with family and friends, and taking long naps.