This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Meet Gracie Peck. This delightful dame is a shining star on CNU’s campus. Read on to find out why!

Photo credit: Derrin Nelson

Name: Gracie Peck

Age: “21 years of life.”

Year: Senior

Hometown: Richmond, Virginia 

Major / Minor(s): Majoring in Communication Studies and double minoring in Sociology and Women’s & Gender Studies

On Campus Involvement: Student Honor Council, Student Assembly, Improvocateurs, Lambda Pi Eta, Residence Life.

Off Campus Involvement: Intern for the Journeys Travel Agency.

Photo Credit: Derrin Nelson

What is your favorite spot on CNU’s campus?

“McMurran 101, where dreams go to die.”

Care to elaborate on that answer?

“I just had a very bad class there freshman year, and even though I have had some good classes there, the label just stuck.”

You are a founding member of the all female comedy group, “The Improvocateurs.” What inspired you to help start this group?

“Well, it kind of started as a joke. I went to the first interest meeting and figured it would never turn into something real, and then the meetings just kept happening. We were really running off the joke of women being funny and needing a creative outlet.”

Do you have a favorite memory from your time in the group?

“I have done stand-up twice and loved it. When you are up there, everyone is just on your side because you are holding a microphone… they believe the things you are saying are funny because of the microphone. I get this weird power trip because I know I am dictating what is funny for those few minutes I am up there. It feels like there are no rules and I can do my own thing.”

So I hear on the clothesline you are not a second year, but a THIRD year RA. Tell me about that.

“I never thought that would be the thing I did in college, but that first year was just really good. I have always had awesome residents and a really good staff to work alongside. For me, residence life is all about the people and I cannot imagine what CNU would have been like if I was not an RA.”

What are your plans for after CNU?

“I would like to get into some type of political activist-y thing; fighting for women’s rights or civil rights in general. If not that, I will just make cotton candy for a living.”

Do you have any advice for your fellow captains?

“People gravitate toward people they want to be like. If you find something that is really appealing to others, stick with it. Be the person other people want to be. Also, be nice to the people who work at Commons. They totally have your back if you are their friend.”

Pictured: Big & Little

Photo Credit: Derrin Nelson