Mortar Board President Lindsay LeGrand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Lindsay LeGrand is a senior Nursing major from Columbia, SC and she is the current president of the Mortar Board which is  a national senior honor society that recognizes college seniors for distinguished ability and achievement in scholarship, leadership, and service.

1) What is your favorite part about being a part of Clemson Mortar Board?
My favorite part of being a member of Mortar Board is the fact that I know I can always count on the members! Everyone is so reliable and want to be available to help with our projects which makes it a lot of fun!

2) What is your favorite thing about Clemson?
My favorite thing about Clemson is how we really are like a family. You just walk on to our campus and it is like you are at home!

3) What do you do as Mortar Board’s president?
As President of Mortar Board I run the general and executive meetings, oversee each of the projects that we do during the semesters, serve as the national delegate, appoint committee members, and serve as a vote in case of a tie.

4) What kind of events and activities does Mortar Board do?
Mortar Board does a lot for Clemson and the community but in general we do 2 major events. In the fall we do the President’s 4.0 Drop in, where students who recieved a 4.0 the year before are invited to the president’s home for a drop in for food with President Clements. There is also a food drive that happens during the event. In the spring we hold the Miss Clemson University Scholarship Pageant. The girls compete in talent, interveiw, and evening wear. They also do community service with our local philanthrophy Clemson Child Development Center.

5) What is your favorite Clemson tradition?
My favorite Clemson tradition is Tigerama! I love homecoming and the fact that Clemson’s homecoming pep rally is the second largest student run pep rally in the nation is awesome! I always enjoy seeing all the alumni being able to come home to Clemson!

Hey! My name's Liz and I'm a Sigma Kappa at Clemson University! I love my school more than anything in the world and love sharing that with y'all!!