This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

There are a few movies that I think should be watched every year when it comes to Halloween. Maybe it’s the nostalgia that comes with watching them, or perhaps I’m just weird, but I never get sick of it.

Here are some movies that I think are timeless and should be watched every year:

Halloweentown (Film Series)

I know I can’t be the only one who grew up watching all of the Halloweentown movies on Disney every year. They were all fantastic. My personal favorites from the series were Halloweentown and Return to Halloweentown.

For those of you who may have never watched any of the movies, the whole film series centers around Marnie, Dylan, and Sophie Cromwell, who grew up in the Mortal World with their mother unaware that they are actually witched. This is until their grandmother, Agatha, pays a visit during Halloween. Throughout each movie, it focuses on how Marnie learns to be a witch and defeats evil.

Twitches and Twitches 2

I am going to be honest. The Twitches series took a bit of time to grow on me, but mainly because it used to terrify me when I was younger. However, as I got older and could actually understand what was happening, this quickly became one of my favorite Halloween movies to watch!

The movies center around twin witches that separated at birth and are reunited on their 21st birthday to save their kingdom from evil. The kingdom where their biological mother is has been taken over by forces of darkness, and the twins, together, are the only ones that can stop it from spreading and save everyone.

Hocus Pocus

While I will admit that I haven’t watched this movie as much as the others, I still think it’s worth rewatching this year. It’s a classic.

This movie centers around Max, Dani, and Allison, who discover an abandoned house in Salem. After dismissing a superstition, Max accidentally frees a coven of evil witches who lived in the house. Throughout the movie, they work to get the witches’ book of spells to stop them from becoming immortal.

These are just a few of the Halloween movies that I tend to go back to, but of course, there are many other ones out there. So, whether you watch one of these or something else that you like, I hope you find the time to kick back and relax. Happy Halloween week!

Michelle is currently majoring in Management with a concentration in Marketing. She loves to travel and hopes to one day take a dip into marketing world.
Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.