This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Name: Monica Sager

Year: Sophomore

Long Answer

Tell us a little bit about yourself:

I am the co-correspondent for Her Campus at Clark University. I am working toward a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism. I want to become an investigative journalist one day, showing people what needs to be known but is kept secret. I have recently completed an internship with my hometown paper, The Pottstown Mercury. I also write for Clark’s school newspaper, The Scarlet. I am on the Hillel board as well. I play bass also in jazz band.

Why’d you join Her Campus?:

I joined Her Campus last year since I love to write. I wanted an outlet to do so. Her Campus is amazing, and I’ve loved every minute of it. It’s such a great message of Empowered Women, Empowering Women. I think that’s so cool, and I love the community behind it. I became the Co-correspondent of this chapter last Spring. Since, I have helped us keep our Pink Chapter status and do more than ever before. I can’t wait for this year and to see what we’re going to do.

What’s your favorite thing about Clark right now?:

I love the fact that it’s a small school and that I get to see all of my friends just randomly. The really cool part, though, is that I was a PA for orientation this year and I met all of these new people who I already am so close with. This campus may be small, but it’s what you make of it.

Quick, This or That!

Vanilla or chocolate?

Chocolate!

Tea or coffee?

Is it weird if I say neither?

City or suburbs?

Suburbs. I was raised in the rural area of Pennsylvania. I love the small town feel.

Comedy or horror movie?

Comedy. I don’t do too well with horror — trailers even scare me!

Book or movie?

Book of course!

Pancakes or Waffles?

Pancakes!

Rain or snow?

Rain (then I can also jump in puddles).

Fruits or vegetables?

Fruit! I love peaches.

TV or movie?

TV, but I’ve started to go to more movies.

Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.