This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Wars are being fought. Politicians are arguing. The Chick-Fil-A dollar menu is non-existent. This world can be a rough one from time to time. It is so easy to slip into the “blah” feeling and forget to appreciate the little things…the things that have the ability to make our days a little brighter and give us a sense of hope.

So this beautifully compiled list is dedicated to you. Yes, you. I hope that you soak in every line and allow it to refresh and inspire you to seek out your happy.

Adventures

No exact plan with no direct directions…heaven.

Blowing out birthday candles

Celebrating being another year YOUNGER surrounded by your favorite people.

Cozy Saturday mornings

Ahh, being snuggled up with a warm chai tea latte, fuzzy blanket, and a good book.

Diversity

Regardless of skin color, race, or background, we all have a unique story to share and we are ready to listen.

Extra sprinkles on top

*4 spoonfuls in* “can I have just ONE more?”

Fresh pack of Crayons

Even reading that line was so satisfying, wow.

Golf cart rides on a summer day

Cruising at 10mph with messy hair, flip-flops, and freckles all over.

Happy tears

You can be can be so overcome with joy that the only thing you know to do is to let it flow.

Interesting facts

May your knowledge on mindless fun facts never stop growing…did you know you can cook an egg on the sidewalk? All you need is 158 degree concrete.

Jamming out

Up next: “Kiss Kiss” by Chris Brown

Kool-Aid Jammers

Flavored high fructose syrup: fueling childhoods since 1927.

Long-distance phone calls with loved ones

Sometimes all it takes is just to hear a voice and it feels like home.

Midnight movie premiers

Percentage of you falling asleep in the middle of it? 0%!!!

New book smell

Picture this: Books-A-Million wallflower, I can smell the pages now.

Onomatopoeia

“BOOM!” “ZAP!” “CRUNCH!” “BAZINGA!”

Personal pan pizza

The one, beautiful time where you can order pineapple on pizza and not be punished.

Queen Bey

Don’t worry, just listen to YONCE

Raw, borderless worship music

Lifting up the King of Kings surrounded by other believers is a little glimpse of what heaven will be like.

Stepping out of the car in your vacation spot

The leg cramps are gone and the license plate game is over, welcome to PARADISE!

Taco Bell quesadillas

Do I question the meat 15 minutes after I consume them? Yes. Does it stop me from ordering another? Never.

Ukuleles   

The mini guitar that somehow everyone and their mother can play and hum along with.

Very delicious home cookin’

Homeade rolls, honey roasted ham, and the sweetest sweet tea…welcome home.

Watermelon juice

Most likely to be found dribbling from the cutest toddlers’ chin

eXcessive amount of coupons

The satisfying feeling of passing over a little piece of paper to save money, even if it is only 30 cents.

Your own bed

Life is hard and you may feel alone, but don’t worry…your bed will never leave you.

Zumba classes

Don’t want to run or lift weights? Twist and shake it with complete strangers, Best. Workout. Ever.

Now I learned my ABC’s, next time won’t you sing with me. Go out and seek your happy, you can thank me later.

Hattie is the president of HC Cincinnati, as well as a campus correspondent. She is attends the University of Cincinnati where she is majoring in Public Relations with a dual minor in Fashion Studies and Marketing. She's originally from western Kentucky and loves adventures. When she is not found creative writing, you can find her at your local coffee shop or binge-watching Bob Ross. She loves her crazy, beautiful life.
Karina Baffa

Cincinnati '19

.