sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your Way to a Happily Ever After Starts Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

We all want our “happily ever after,” but what does that exactly entail? As young and naïve girls, we were often brainwashed to think that our end goal in life was to find a man we could spend our lives with. Magically, a prince charming could solve all life’s problems. Everything past marriage was simply irrelevant.

Entering my senior year, I’ve noticed many of my friends are in relationships. As happy as I am for them, I can’t help but think about how freaking single I am. What if I never find the one? What if I’m lonely forever? Am I going to live a life all by myself?

Wait, wait, wait. So what? I can live a happy and fulfilling life all by myself. I don’t need a man to complete my life. This is something that we as women have to remember; we don’t need a man to be happy.

Honestly, a box-combo from Cane’s has made me a lot happier than a handful of men have. Obviously, chicken fingers are temporary. But find what you can do, as an independent woman, to achieve permanent happiness.

Fall in love with your life. Instead of putting all your effort into finding a man, put your effort into yourself. Have you always wanted to get into health and fitness? Start meal-prepping and get a weekly routine. Do you want to spend more time with friends? Give an old friend a call. Is it your dream to travel the world? The only person who can stop you is yourself.

When I am 90 years old and reflecting on my life, I want to feel accomplished. I want to reflect on the heartwarming memories and relationships I’ve acquired over the years. I want to say that I am proud of what I’ve done and who I’ve become. This can’t all happen if I keep waiting around for my knight in shining armor.

So I’ve decided to create my own “happily ever after.” Create yours, and instead of being the princess, be the fire breathing dragon and let everyone hear your roar.

Thumbnail Image Source: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f9/14/36/f914367a1251a409…

Theresa Fox

Cincinnati