Tom Horan: A Bearded Class Act

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

(Tom, pictured right)

Name: Tom Horan

Major: Political Science and History

Hometown: Cleveland, OH

Age: 18 

Relationship Status: Exclusive 

Involvement: Student Government, McMicken Tribunal, Alpha Chi Rho

Favorite thing about UC:  How its constantly growing and improving and as a student I get to see that. I think this University will continue to grow and be more recognized on a national scale in the next ten years or so. 

Favorite president: This is a hard one, but I’s have to say Lyndon B. Johnson because he stood up for the less fortunate and saw the government as a catalyst for postive change. He also called the Queen whilst in the bathroom, which is very interesting to say the least. 

Dream Job: Senator in California or Washington 

Describe Yourself in 3 Words: Extremely good looking, just kidding. I’d say confident, witty, and a (bearded) idiot. 

Favorite saying: Second place is the first loser. 

Cool UC Moment: Seeing Smashmouth was weird because I wasn’t aware they were still a band, but it was a great night getting to see them live and something I’ll remember for a long time. 

Ideal Date setting: I dont have one, because for me it is more about who you are with than what you do or where you are. 

First year student at University of Cincinnati. Currently exploring studies in Business, Medicine, and Communications to declare a major. Harry Potter, chocolate, Netflix, and gym enthusiast. If I could I'd explore new places, meet new people, and try new foods all the time.