Tarushi Ravindra: Cincinnati Smart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Meet Tarushi Ravindra, one of the most energetic, involved, and passionate students I have had the pleasure to meet at UC. An international student in her junior year, Tarushi has worked her way to the top and is a leader in almost every organization she is a part of.

Name: Tarushi Ravindra

Age: 20

Hometown: New Delhi, India

Major: Industrial Management with a minor in Business Analytics

Year: Junior

Organizations Involved In:

• Student Government, Co-Director of International Student Affairs and (SG’s) Student’s Rights & Interests Committee
  • Alpha Kappa Psi (Professional Business Fraternity)
  • Programs & Activities Council (PAC)
  • IT Student Association, Recruiting Chair
  • University Honors Ambassador 

What is it like being an international student at UC?

Being an international student at UC has been an amazing experience because I love being part of our diverse and inclusive campus! Being from outside the country, I believe I bring a novel perspective in the organizations I’m involved with and am able to represent international students on campus. I’ve found a home in UC that comprises of my amazing friends, teachers and mentors!

First homecoming parade her freshman year. (Proudest moment!)

What is the coolest thing about being involved with PAC?

Organizing events and meeting celebrities/artists who perform at UC!

With the Lucas brothers!

How has your experience been co-oping at Kroger?

As an intern in the Indirect Sourcing department at Kroger Co., I have become a better professional, sourcing strategist and a team player. When I started my co-op, I had no idea there would be so many lessons to be learned, experiences to be gained and relationships to be made, but interning at Kroger has made all the difference.

At her co-op at Kroger

Tarushi’s farewell given by her department at Kroger

What is your dream job?

Do my own business as an entrepreneur and eventually be a philanthropist.

Tell me about your best experience at UC.

I’ve had a really good time at UC, so I feel like every day has been a best experience since I’m living my dream of studying abroad! But to be more specific – Attending my first homecoming football game at UC this fall was a terrific experience! Even though it rained during the entire game and I was soaked for several hours, it was a fun and a memorable experience since we won (Go Bearcats!).

What advice would you give to college students looking for leadership positions?

UC has a lot of opportunities for people who want to grow as a leader on campus. So start by realising what’s best for you, network with new people and most importantly, don’t be afraid to pursue your beliefs because when people see your passion, they’ll believe in you and your leadership.

At the Student Government Dinner with Prez Ono

Tarushi with Student Body President, Andrew Naab.

‘He’s been an amazing, passionate for UC and a supportive President. He’s helpful, open-minded to ideas and is really approachable. I’ve learned a lot about leadership from him.’