This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Around two weeks ago I traveled four hours from Cincinnati to Cleveland to see one of the most influential artists of our generation; Kanye West. The trip was definitely worth it. I met new friends, I saw a new city, I seen other celebrities, and most of all I got to experience the greatness that is Kanye West. When I first heard about Kanye going on tour, especially near me, I just knew that I had to go. This was a once in a lifetime thing to be able to witness yeezus himself in the flesh in his prime.  

I arrived in Cleveland around four in the afternoon and made myself at home at my Aunt’s house, 10 minutes away from Quicken Loans arena where I would get to see Kanye for the first time. My nerves were on end. In less than two hours I would be seeing one of the biggest artist and innovator of my time. I would get the chance to tell my future kids how I experienced the legend that is Kanye West. 

I had general admission tickets which meant I allowed to go to the arena a little earlier. When I arrived, the line was already wrapped around the corner. Being that I was by myself I anxiously took my spot in the line behind a couple who I would come to later befriend all throughout the entire concert.  

After presenting my flash seats app that housed my electronic ticket and going through security the couple in front of me and I made a beeline to the merch table. Afterwards, Liyah BJ, and I proceeded to go towards the floor where Kanye stage would be floating throughout the whole floor. The show was slated to start at eight pm but didn’t start until ten because of a problem with the flash seats app. Throughout that time I befriended another couple and two other girls, saw Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, Khloe Kardashian, JR Smith, and Tristan who all caused a frenzy in the luxury box.  

Ten on the dot and Kanye had came alive opening up the show with Father Stretch My Hands and the crowd immediately went wild trying to get up close with Yeezy as the staged moved. Alcoholic drinks spilled, cameras were flicking, and people joined together to rap, sing, and jump around to the man of the night. I’ve been to plenty of concerts and this has got to be the best one yet. The stage being afloat in the air caused the fans below in the pit to connect on a more intimate level with each other and as well with Kanye as we all serenaded our hearts out to the entire Saint Pablo album. I felt as if we were really a part of the show and it’s an experience I will never forget.

Maddie Huggins is a fourth year student at the University of Cincinnati. Originally from Columbus, she quickly learned to swap out the OSU scarlet and grey for UC red and black. Maddie has loved writing since she was a little girl and is always down for a good time. She prides herself in being the world's best hugger.