Piloxing: Your New Favorite Way to Exercise!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

In my mission to find new, exciting ways to stay healthy, I came across Piloxing.  Piloxing is simply a mixture of Pilates and Boxing and lucky for us, it is offered through the UC Rec Center. If you’re looking for a great workout, you should definitely check it out.

It is a 45 minute class. The first 35 minutes focus on the upper body, while the last 10 minutes focus on the lower body. During the whole class upbeat music is constantly played and keeps you motivated. Erica was the instructor, and I highly recommend her; she was very upbeat and energetic. She talked you through the moves and was encouraging everyone to work harder throughout the entire class. 

This class is recommended for any skill level but be warned this class WILL KICK YOUR BOOTY, into shape that is. Being a block class, the routines build on each other but attending a couple of classes will make you a pro in no time. So just have fun and do your best- Erica’s advice for anyone wanting to start Piloxing is to just “jump right in”. Check out the video below for a sneak peek of the class! 

Erika is a second year marketing student at the University of Cincinnati. Specializes in creativity and smiling! Her favorite class in high school was Digital Media Arts where she was able to combine her passions of art and technology. Erika is very excited to be on the Photography Team for Her Campus and can not wait to start sharing UC life from her lense.