Meet Captain of the UC Cheerleading Team: Ryan Blanford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Name: Ryan Blanford

Year: 4th

Age: 22

Major: Electrical Engineering

Hometown: Xenia, OH

Relationship status: Engaged!

Her Campus: What’s your favorite thing about UC?

Ryan Blanford: I love that it’s a big sports school. There’s just a great energy from the students. People want to be here.

HC: Do you have your Halloween costume?!

RB: Sully from Monsters Inc!

HC: What made you want to join the cheerleading team?

RB: Two of my buddies from my high school football team were on the cheer team and convinced me to join. I got hooked to the team atmosphere that I missed from high school and keeping up my strength in college. It’s been a great experience so far.

HC: How did you propose to your fiancée?

RB: My family goes on awesome backpacking trips and I always wanted to take Liz along. I finally planned a trip with her this past May when we drove to Dolly Sods, West Virginia, where we planned to do a three-day hike. On the first day, we hiked six miles up to one of the tallest points in the mountains. It was a hard first day but we ended up getting to the top of the mountain near sunset. I set up my GoPro camera to take pictures. Little did she know, I set it to interval mode where it took a picture every five seconds. After we posed for a few pictures, that’s when I got down on one knee and popped the question. She said yes!

HC: Favorite TV show?

RB: I’d have to say Seinfeld!

HC: Do you have a celebrity crush?

RB: Probably Jennifer Lawrence—I love me some Katniss! And let’s be honest, Elsa is pretty hot when she sings Let It Go.

HC: Do you have any specific plans after college?

RB: I love the co-op that I’ve been at and I hope to stay with the company full time after I graduate. I also would be interested in looking into getting my MBA.

Think you have what it takes to be our next campus cutie? Instagram or tweet your best #selfie and a witty caption as to why you would make a great campus cutie! Be sure to include the hashtags #hercampuscincy and #campuscutieuc. The cuties with the most likes or favorites will be featured on Her Campus Cincinnati!

Ashleigh is a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati studying Journalism. She has a passion for writing, making people laugh, and random tokens of kindness. Born and raised in Kentucky, yet the furthest thing from a country girl! City life is the only life for her, and she is proud to call Cincinnati home.