Mallory Condron: A Woman of Excellence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Mallory Condron is a fifth year, “of five, finally,” in Communications. She was born and raised in Cincinnati! She is involved with the UC co-ed water polo club where she is the president, a woman of CWEST (co-chairing the annual Talent Show – keep an eye out for details!), a Resident Advisor in Morgens Hall. She has served twice with Serve Beyond Cincinnati and a member of our Club Sports Board. Next semester, she will begin working for the Anthony Munoz Foundation as a Program Planning and Development intern!

Her Campus: What is your favorite UC memory

Mallory Condron: Can I have two? One would be leading a life-altering SBC group to South Dakota on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation over spring break of 2015, and the other would be meeting my best friend/boyfriend in Dabney Hall our freshman year (all good things come from Dabney Hall).

HC: What are you going to miss most about UC?

MC: Our beautiful campus and making an impact on the overall improvement of the UC water polo club team, for sure.

HC: What is your advice to Freshman:

MC: Get involved early with a few organizations that are close to your heart and make sure that you give each of them 100%. It’s not worth it to spread yourself thin between “resume building activities” and school, because people will notice you are not committed. Focus on those opportunities and organizations because they will open doors for you to meet so many different people on campus.

HC: What is your favorite song?

MC: Oh gosh, right now it’s a tie between “Beautiful Drug” by Zac Brown Band and Hozier’s “From Eden,” but overall would be Jason Mraz’s “You and I.”

HC: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?

MC: To stop doing things I think other people want me to do, and focus on what makes me happy.Mallory Condron is a fifth year, “of five, finally,” in Communications. She was born and raised in Cincinnati! She is involved with the UC co-ed water polo club where she is the president, a woman of CWEST (co-chairing the annual Talent Show – keep an eye out for details!), a Resident Advisor in Morgens Hall. She has served twice with Serve Beyond Cincinnati and a member of our Club Sports Board. Next semester, she will begin working for the Anthony Munoz Foundation as a Program Planning and Development intern!

Her Campus: What is your favorite UC memory?

HC: What is your advice to Freshman:

HC: What is your favorite song?

MC: To stop doing things I think other people want me to do, and focus on what makes me happy.

HC: What is the name of your autobiography?

MC: “Sorry I Talk A Lot.” Honestly, groundbreaking.

HC: What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

MC: I’m really weird and don’t like Thanksgiving food… but, carbs. All of the carbs. Like breadsticks? Is that Thanksgiving? I hope my mom makes breadsticks.

HC: What are you most excited for Thanksgiving break?

MC: Definitely cuddling with my dog Pudge, and also attending my high school water polo alumni game, which benefits the Jose Cerda Aquatic Foundation, named for my friend that passed away at swim practice our senior year of high school.

MC: “Sorry I Talk A Lot.” Honestly, groundbreaking.MC: Definitely cuddling with my dog Pudge, and also attending my high school water polo alumni game, which benefits the Jose Cerda Aquatic Foundation, named for my friend that passed away at swim practice our senior year of hiMallory Condron is a fifth year, “of five, finally,” in Communications. She was born and raised in Cincinnati! She is involved with the UC co-ed water polo club where she is the president, a woman of CWEST (co-chairing the annual Talent Show – keep an eye out for details!), a Resident Advisor in Morgens Hall. She has served twice with Serve Beyond Cincinnati and a member of our Club Sports Board. Next semester, she will begin working for the Anthony Munoz Foundation as a Program Planning and Development intern!

HC: What is your advice to Freshman:

HC: What is your favorite song?