Lively Lady: Libby Hinken

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Name: Libby Hinken

Year: Senior

Major: Communication with a minor in Marketing + a PR Certificate

Campus Involvement: CHAARG

Fun Fact: I was a CHAARGtern [CHAARG Intern] for CHAARG Nationals this past summer in Chicago!

Her Campus University of Cincinnati: What drew you to CHAARG when you arrived on campus?

Libby Hinken: The positive vibes the organization and members gave off. I knew from the moment I stepped on campus and met CHAARG girls that I wanted to learn more and get involved. It is an amazing organization that is changing the lives of college age women and encouraging them to be the happiest and healthiest version of themselves.

HCUC: What aspect about CHAARG are you most passionate about?

LH: I am most passionate about helping girls find their fit in order go on to live a happy and healthy lifestyle. CHAARG has truly changed my outlook on health and fitness, so I hope to do the same for the rest of the members!

HCUC: What do you do for CHAARG HQ during the school year?

LH: I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to work for CHAARG Nationals this summer as their Events Intern. I truly learned so much about myself, the organization, and the amazing work hard, play hard, sweat hardest mentality that comes along with a working for a startup in Chicago. Now that I am back on UC’s campus, my responsibly has shifted to being fully present on campus and for the UC CHAARG chapter. While being on campus one of my roles is to be the liaison between the university, our Chapter, and Nationals. I also participate in all National events such as FitPlans, CHAARG Love Week, Retreats, and so much more.

HCUC: What do you do outside of your campus involvement?

LH: There are several things that I fill my time with outside of my campus involvement, but my favorite thing to do with my free time is explore workout studios in the area. I can always go for a good #sweatsesh, whether it is going for a walk or jog, going to a spinning studio or attending my favorite Barre class!

HCUC: If you had a message to tell the world, what would it be?  

LH: Always be true to yourself! This starts with knowing who you are and what you want to be in the world. Establish your goals, passions, dreams, and aspirations, then work everyday towards them to strive to be the best version of yourself.

HCUC: Have you thought about your plans after graduation? If yes, what are you currently thinking of doing?  

LH: Over the past three years I have had several internships that have truly helped me see what I like and don’t like in a job. Now that I have entered my last year of school, I have started to think about my plans after graduation. Although I have not fully decided on which career path I wish to pursue, I do know I hope to either be in the health and fitness industry or the event planning industry – or maybe a little bit of both! 

HCUC: What are some of your current Fit Goals?

LH: My Fit Goals are always changing with what I am involved in at the time. For this school year, I hope to train and run a half marathon injury free!  As crazy as it sounds, I have always loved running, and have trained for two half marathons but have yet to actually complete one due to injuries. This year my goal is to keep up with cross training in order to prevent injuries.

HCUC: Where do you see CHAARG in 10 years? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

LH: In 10 years, I see CHAARG all across the country and maybe even abroad ; ) I see this health and fitness trend only continuously growing with CHAARG leading the way! CHAARG is growing rapidly semester by semester so I am excited to see where the future of CHAARG takes us.

In 10 years I see myself still living out the health and fitness lifestyle. I hope to still be involved with CHAARG in one way or another because I would love to give back for everything it has done for me.

Lauren Styczynski

Cincinnati '20

Lauren is a third year at UC, from the Cincinnati area. She loves to laugh, and is pursuing a career as a scientist.