HC Social Media Director – Sarah Ickes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Name: Sarah Ickes

Major: Communication [Public Relations & Religious Studies certificate]

Year in School: 2nd year

Campus Involvements: Her Campus & Chi Omega [hope get involved in more this year!]

Fun Fact: I went to Costa Rica and lived with a host family for two weeks!

Her Campus: Whats your favorite thing about being social media director?

Sarah Ickes: My favorite thing about being social media director is being able to play around with branding but also interacting with followers and UC students, and making our social media a fun place for collegiettes!

HC: And we love you for that! As a second year, are there any challenges with taking on an executive position amongst your school work, social life, etc?

SI: There are, I find myself still trying to figure out how to manage it all and prioritize what’s more important at the time so I can get everything done. But I am more than happy to be in an executive position right now because it is an amazing learning experience and it’s been so fun!

HC: Balance is key and all any of us can do is try to make it work[which you seem to be doing!] why is it important for you to be involved in various things at UC?

SI: I love UC, always have since the first time I stepped on campus, and I came here to get out of my comfort zone and norm of a small town. Just being in one club or organization has helped to push me out of my comfort zone in a good way. Being involved has always been very important to me and getting to know all of the awesome people across UC’s campus is an invaluable thing.

HC: I couldn’t agree more! Is there a standout moment for you that affirmed your love for UC?

SI: I wouldn’t say one single moment has affirmed my love for UC but looking back on my past year here and seeing how much my life has changed because of it is reaffirming enough.

HC: That is very cool, just being able to see how much you have grown and such! Now, you said you were looking to get even more involved at UC, do you have anything in mind?

SI: I am actually hoping to get more involved with The David Project on campus which is a pro-Israel student advocacy group and hopefully Ted x UC because I love Ted Talks and know that many students on campus have so much knowledge to offer!

HC: Both of those groups are awesome, we love having people who are involved + go getters on our HC team! For those that have followed us for a while know we wrote an article covering the David Project earlier in the year [check it out, here] Thank you for chattin’ with me, Sarah!

SI: Thank you!

Follow Sarah on Twitter [@baddgirlrara] to keep up with her and see what else she does at UC!

Maddie Huggins is a fourth year student at the University of Cincinnati. Originally from Columbus, she quickly learned to swap out the OSU scarlet and grey for UC red and black. Maddie has loved writing since she was a little girl and is always down for a good time. She prides herself in being the world's best hugger.