This Foundation Deserves an Award

Goodbye hot girl summer and hello cozy girl fall! 

As the weather gets colder outside, the time has come to, once again, change our makeup routines. 

Makeup brands have been dropping new foundations like hotcakes and we want in. HOWEVER, you won’t be catching me testing any new foundations this fall!

My ride or die foundation has been in my makeup drawer for eight months and I know for a fact it won’t let me down. It has lasted me through the unpredictableness of Ohio winters to the humid days of summer heat.

The L’Oreal Infallible Up to 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation is literally everything I could want in a foundation and more!

(photo courtesy of https://www.lorealparisusa.com/)

Thanks to beauty guru, Tati Westbrook, I’m on my third bottle. Tati Westbrook, by the way, is a YouTube phenomenon.

She posts videos THREE times a week reviewing makeup, skincare, hair, etc. So you know she knows her stuff!

At the turn of the new year, she posted a new foundation review for the L’Oreal product. This foundation had been on the market for a hot minute and people were raving about it. I’ll be honest, I usually don’t like drugstore foundations because they make me break out. 

(Photo courtesy of https://www.youtube.com/user/GlamLifeGuru)

When I saw how it wore on her skin for SEVEN hours and still looked natural, I knew I had to try it.

I love foundations with a medium coverage and natural finish so I had high expectations based on how it wore in her video and so far I have not been disappointed!

To this day she continues to mention it, whether she’s comparing it to a higher end product or in a “Best and Worst Foundations” video like the one she did back in March. 

In case you’re still not sold here is the website description of the product:

“Be Unstoppable. Introducing our breakthrough longwear foundation with breathable-skin technology. Up to 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation provides medium-to-full buildable coverage that lasts all day and allows the skin to breathe. The formula's three oil absorbers resist sweat, water, and transfer. The ultra-thin liquid goes on smoothly to give a fresh, healthy-looking complexion that lasts. Color stays true and blends in evenly, so your makeup looks fresh all day. Non-comedogenic and formulated with SPF, this foundation is suitable for all skin types. In 30 shades for every skin tone.”

Here are my pros and cons that you should look at before purchasing this:

Pros:

• Doesn’t make me break out

• Outstanding natural finish

• Buildable if I needed the extra coverage

• Truly for ALL skin types

• Blends amazingly with a brush, sponge, or fingers

Cons:

• Lasts all day ONLY if you set it with powder in the areas you covered with this foundation

• Shade range needs some work

• Pricey considering it is a drugstore foundation

• It has a strong “perfume” scent